What You Need to Know about 3-Ply MasksTmiller1
Many people at work, school or out in public, are wearing 3-ply masks to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 during this pandemic. Here is some basic information about 3-plys that will help those who are currently wearing them or possibly considering it.
The term “3-ply” actually means the mask is made up of 3 different layers which are outer, middle and inner. The outer layer is designed to repel liquids and fluids such as water and blood. The middle layer filters out certain pathogens or what are sometimes called microorganisms. And then the inner layer absorbs sweat and moisture from air that is exhaled.
Most medical experts say that mask usage helps prevent you from transmitting a virus to someone else as opposed to it preventing you from contracting a virus.
Here are some helpful tips on wearing a mask.
- Thoroughly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before putting on a mask.
- Check for any defects like holes or tears.
- Place colored side outward and metallic strip (if present) at top against bridge of nose.
- Secure mask on head using ear loops, ties or bands.
- Pull bottom of mask over your mouth and chin, making sure nose and mouth are completely covered.
- Make sure the mask fits snugly and don’t touch the mask once in position.
CB Protects is a nationwide distributor of personal protective equipment and provides 3-ply masks at a great price.
Click here to Shop Now.